Possibly inspired by the late night creation of this community I had my very own bedroom indie disco...at 10 in the morning...
(This was also inspired by the fact that my entire family were off and hogging my beloved computer...)
So I decided to put my boogie shoes on - some very fetching red sparkly high heels - and clean my room indie disco styleee.
Pyjamas (mismatched) Teddy bear, quasi tartan bottoms and my new york dolls t-shirt, all set off nicely with my red sparkly shoes and purple head band...
Matching is, of course, for losers...
here is a small selection of the things I played...
- The Pixies - Debaser
- New York Dolls - Personality Crisis
- Liquid Liquid - Optimo
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots are Made for Walking
- Madonna - Like a Virgin
- The Smiths - There is a light that never goes out
- Peaches - Back it up, boys
- The Sonics - Shot Down
- Le Tigre - Hot Topic
- Franz Ferdinand - Micheal
- Devo - Mongoloid
- The Vines - Ride
- Britney - Toxic
- Outkast - Hey Ya
- The Rapture - House of Jealous Lovers
- XTC - This is Pop
- Patti Smith - Horses
- Gang of Four - I found that essence rare
- The Von Bondies - C'mon C'mon
- Pink Grease - Fever
- annnnnnnd the last dance Wolfman featuring Peter Doherty - For Lovers
Highlights of the evening...er...morning
The Big finale during for lovers which featured me and my mop in high heels and dancing/mopping...also the big where i got distracted from my rhythmical cleaning and began to writhe about to like a virgin...sexy blue and white cloth still in hand
Also my dad coming in to join me in dancing to Devo.
The Only DownsideThe fact my bedroom has a stict no-smoking policy...even thought it has three ashtrays...